Social Council in the 2020-2024 term
- Chairwoman of the Social Council - Dean of the Faculty of Civil Engineering, prof. dr hab. inż.. Joanna Bzówka,
- Vice-chairman of the Social Council - Roman Karwowski - Chairman of the Council of the Silesian Regional Chamber of Civil Engineers in Katowice,
- Vice-chairman of the Social Council - Marek Kała, President of the Management Board, "Inwest-complex" Spółka z o.o.,
- Secretary of the Social Council - dr hab. inż. Tomasz Krykowski, prof. at SUT,
- Piotr Borucki, Chief Designer, PERI Polska Sp. z o.o.,
- Franciszek Buszka, Silesian Regional Chamber of Civil Engineers in Katowice,
- Tomasz Franczewski, Director of the Technical Office, Budimex S.A.,
- Tomasz Grela, President of the Management Board of Aluprof S.A.,
- Arkadiusz Kierkowicz, Vice-President of the Management Board, Regional Director, Eurovia Polska S.A.,
- Jacek Połącarz, Member of the Management Board, HR Director of Górażdże Cement S.A.,
- Piotr Sabiniok, Member of the Management Board and Technical Director of AMK Kraków S.A.,
- Artur Szymański, President of the Management Board, Gliwice Biuro Projektów Budownictwa Przemysłowego, Projprzem S.A.,
- Zbigniew Tabor, Director of the Provincial Roads Management in Katowice.
Social Council’s Meeting
On October 9, 2019, the third meeting of the Social Council of the Faculty of Civil Engineering took place at the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the Silesian University of Technology.
The invitation to the meeting from Dean Joanna Bzówka was accepted by: Franciszek Buszka (Silesian District Chamber of Civil Engineers), Marek Kała (Inwest-complex Sp. z o.o.), Piotr Borucki (PERI Polska Sp. z o.o.), Zbigniew Pytlos (Budimex S.A.), Zbigniew Tabor (Provincial Roads Authority in Katowice), Krzysztof Szczepanik (Eurovia Polska S.A.) and Piotr Sabiniok (AMK Kraków S.A.). The meeting was also attended by the chairs of the Departments of the Faculty of Civil Engineering, and the meeting was hosted by the Dean's College.
During the meeting, the problems of implementing BIM technology in construction engineering, both at universities and in construction companies, were discussed. The changes taking place in higher education and their impact on the education of students in the field of construction, in connection with the recently binding Act 2.0, were also discussed.