Science Days at Silesian University of Technology on 4 and 5 July
Science Days, which will take place on 4-5 July, is an event during which the Silesian University of Technology will present its achievements and scientific potential in the six priority research areas identified at the university and invite employees, doctoral students and students to visit the faculty laboratories and get acquainted with the available equipment.
The Science Days will begin on 4 July at 9 a.m. with the opening of a two-day international conference, during which participants – including prominent world-class scientists with Highly Cited Researcher status and ERC grant laureates - will discuss key scientific issues related to sustainable development and improving the health and lives of people. The topics will focus on the Priority Research Areas (POBs) identified at the Silesian University of Technology, in which the University has been focusing its development and building its brand for more than 3 years, i.e.
- POB1 - Computational Oncology and Personalised Medicine – panel "New Technologies Supporting Precision Medicine" panel,
- POB2 - Artificial Intelligence and Data Processing - panel "Opportunities for the development of research activities at Silesia University of Technology within POB2 Artificial Intelligence and Data Processing",
- POB3 - Materials of the Future - panel "Materials of the Future - Opportunities and Threats",
- POB4 - Smart Cities and Mobility of the Future - panel "Challenges of the transition to electromobility and autonomous vehicles",
- POB5 - Process Automation and Industry 4.0 – panel “Supporting systems - expectations, directions of development, challenges”
- POB6 - Climate and environmental protection, modern energy – panel "Being climate neutral - how to achieve it?
The conference is aimed at representatives of both the academic and socio-economic environment - local authorities, representatives of business and industry and NGOs. Invited speakers, guests and panellists will include academics from the Silesian University of Technology, industrial authorities, as well as eminent specialists and researchers from other Polish and foreign universities.
The conference will take place on 4 and 5 July from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Hall A of the Education and Congress Centre of the Silesian University of Technology in Gliwice, ul. Konarskiego 18B. The conference will be held in Polish with simultaneous interpretation into English and - during the speeches of foreign guests - into Polish.
To confirm your participation, it is necessary to register, which will start on 21 June on the registration website.
The conference is free of charge.
The event will be complemented by the Open Laboratories initiative, where faculties and research centres of the Silesian University of Technology will open their doors on 4 and 5 July from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. to employees, postgraduate students and students of the University, who will be able to see the equipment available and learn about the possibilities of using it in their own research.
A detailed list of laboratories open to the public can be found on the Science Days programme page of the Silesian University of Technology.
XXI International Scientific And Technical Conference: Designing, Innovations And Modernizations In The Energy Sector - Pire 2023
The Autumn Jobs, Entrepreneurship, Technology and Accessibility Fair of the Silesian University of Technology
The 5th Polish Congress of Mechanics combined with the 25th International Conference on Computer Methods in Mechanics
An open lecture delivered by Paweł Dłotko PhD, DSc from the Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences
Trademarks and industrial designs in the activities of companies, universities and local government
Lecture of prof. Jean Roncali entitled „Design of functional π-conjugated systems for advanced applications”