SGroup Think Tank Academy Web Conference
The SGroup Think Tank Academy Web Conference on ‘Responsible International Higher Education 2021 - transformative modes for sustainable and hybrid engagement’ will take place, online, on 20-21 May 2021. The event is public and free of charge. It targets senior leadership, academics, administrative staff and students from higher education institutions, as well as representatives from NGOs.
You can register here until 19 May.
Adel El Zaim, Associate Vice-President International from the University of Ottawa and former AIEA president, will be the keynote speaker on the first day, presenting his views on the main topic. The agenda will also include slots for our regional Think Tanks (Australia, China, Latin America and Africa).
The second day will focus on presentations about ‘Innovative practices in Doctoral Education’ in the morning, followed by an afternoon workshop on ‘The Social Mission of Universities’.
Although the final programme has not yet been fully finalized, we can already share a preliminary version. Please note that all times in the schedule are in CEST (Central European Summer Time).
20 May 2021
10:00 -11:00: An Australian perspective with Stacey Farraway, La Trobe University
11:00 - 12:30: Think Tank for China
14:00 -15:00: Keynote speech by Adel El Zaim, University of Ottawa
15:00 - 16:30: Think Tank for Africa
16:30 - 18:00: Think Tank for Latin America
21 May 2021
10:00 - 12:00: Innovative practices in Doctoral Education
- Ms Claire Morel, Head of Unit Head for international cooperation and programmes, European Commission
- Dr. Isabelle Halleux, Director for Research at the University of Liège
- Professor Malin Ideland, Director of the Doctoral School at Malmö University
14:00 – 16:30: Workshop on The Social Mission of Universities
- Professor Dibyesh Anand, Head of the Department of Politics and International Relations at the University of Westminster
- Anna Singhateh, Project Manager at Malmö University
- Dr. Sandra Bjelan-Guska, Assistant Professor, University of Sarajevo