Announcement on the principles for the University operation as of 4 May
Please become familiar with changes to the principles for the University operation based on the Ordinance No 69/2021 of the Rector of the Silesian University of Technology dated 30 April 2021 in force as of Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
The following amendments have been made to the principles for the University operation:
- It is prohibited to organise gatherings of more than 20 persons;
- The facilities of the Silesian University of Technology can be accessed by:
- employees of the University,
- students and doctoral students attending in-person classes,
- post-graduate students and participants of further education courses,
- persons accommodated in student residence halls and other facilities – under the rules specified in a separate ordinance,
- persons conducting construction works resulting from investment and repair tasks, and removing effects of technical failures,
- persons carrying out necessary laboratory tests that require conducting works in the University buildings,
- other persons whose presence is justified by the operation or interest of the University - with the consent of the facility manager, provided that the persons working in the premises preserve safety principles [in Polish]. The facility manager shall be responsible for safety on the premises.
- Non -academic staff shall perform their services in a hybrid (rotating) system, unless the head of the unit/organisational unit, in justified cases, orders on-site work for all the employees, while preserving the rules of the sanitary regime. Employees who cannot perform remote work shall perform it in the form of on-site work preserving the rules of the sanitary regime.
Employees providing their services in a remote system, perform it in accordance with the following principles:
1.While advising performance of the remote work, the line manager agrees with the employee communication channels and the method of communicating instructions, tasks and the results of the remote work. The line manager may also set flexible hours of remote work in accordance with the employment contract.
- The line manager provides the employee with a schedule of tasks.
- The employee reports to the line manager the results of work in an electronic form.
- The line manager shall archive the instructions and results of the work referred to above.
On the last day of each month, the vice-rectors, heads of basic units and the bursar shall submit to the rector, and heads of organisational departments in the rector's division to the director of the rector's office, information on persons and the number of days when the work was performed in a remote system.