Popularization of science
The Faculty works actively to build the image of the Faculty of Materials Science as an innovative and prestigious unit open to cooperation and knowledge sharing. We promote science and encourage young people to take up technical studies. We organize and participate in many interesting events and initiatives such as:
- Fridays with material engineering
- Night of Scientists
- Silesian Science Festival
- All-Poland Education Fair
- Lectures and open meetings from the cycle “Doors open – open world”.
- Job and entrepreneurship fair
- Day with an employer
- Knowledge contest on material engineering
- Meetings at schools
- School science festivals
- Workshops of scientific circles
- Promoting our image in social media
We conduct activities aimed at creating an effective and integrated system of information transfer, as well as broad promotion of the Faculty. Therefore, we present its educational offer and scientific and research potential. We try to keep up to date and stay in touch, which is why we maintain faculty and individual departments’ accounts on social networking sites and manage the website. We cooperate with the University Promotion Office and the Centre of Science Popularization.
Dean’s plenipotentiary for promotion and popularization of science is: Phd Sandra Grabowska, ul. Krasińskiego 8 (140), Katowice, tel. (32) 603 43 41, e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org