EuroScience Open Forum 2024
We invite you to participate in one of the most important international conferences influencing the transformation of science and the world.
EuroScience Open Forum is a biennial conference aimed at offering the scientific community a platform for interdisciplinary and cross-cutting debate on scientific culture, research and innovation. The conference is addressed to both the research community and the social environment and is carried out with their participation.
The next edition of the event will take place in Katowice from June 12 to 15, 2024.
The ESOF 2024 conference is an integral part of the European City of Science Katowice 2024 initiative, co-organized by the Silesian University of Technology.
- The Programme:
The conference programme includes lectures, seminars, debates, workshops, poster presentations and exhibitions, interactive sessions, as well as a wide range of proposed forms of public involvement. The motto of ESOF 2024 is: Life changes science. Leading European and global representatives of science, academic and implementation researchers, representatives of public and non-public institutions supporting science, representatives of business and media, as well as people interested in the role of science in the modern world will come to Katowice. The conference will be held in English.
The most important scientific aspects of the ESOF "Life changes science" conference will focus on the issues of intelligent transformation and will cover six areas:
- Energy transformation - renewable energy sources, energy and material efficiency, nuclear energy, hydrogen, energy storage, Green energy and reducing energy intensity;
- Sustainable environment - green economy, clean technologies, research related to the quality of water, soil and air, the effects of climate change, biodiversity and protection of selected areas, circular economy, cleansing and recultivation of post-industrial areas, eco-innovations;
- Cultural identity and social transformations - the role of art and music, creative industries, green and smart mobility, corporate social responsibility, sustainable consumption and production, equality policies, crisis-resistant society, democratization, participation, inclusion, migration;
- Changes within scientific excellence - cities of science, the impact of science on the economy and society, science as a new industry and tool of transformation, creating professions of the future, commercialization of research, science-business-local government partnership, openness of research data, new methods of evaluating scientific activities;
- Healthy society - lifestyle diseases, efficiency, availability and quality of the health care system, management of chronic and infectious diseases, medical biotechnologies, digital tools to improve health awareness and prevent diseases, sports, data protection in health care, engineering support for medicine;
- Digital transformation – new information and communication technologies, smart cities and markets, data management, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, design management;
- Recruitment for event speakers
The Silesian University of Technology encourages members of the academic community to actively engage in all areas proposed in the conference programme by submitting proposals for organizing and conducting thematic or poster sessions addressed to scientists, politicians, residents of the region and country, as well as representatives of the economic environment. The proposed sessions should be conducted in English.
Detailed information on submissions is available here.
More information about the ESOF 2024 conference can be found on the event website at: https://www.esof.eu/pl.