We invite you to the only debate of the Silesian University of Technology during the Silesian Science Festival, which will take place this weekend
The debate of the Silesian University of Technology at the Silesian Science Festival entitled "How to prepare for a virtual war?" will take place on the second day of the festival, on December 10th at 11.00. Admission to this event is free.
The Silesian University of Technology is a member of the Consortium of Organizers of the Silesian Science Festival, which this year is also the opening event of the European City of Science Katowice 2024.
On this occasion, the Silesian University of Technology is involved in organizing a number of initiatives and events promoting science in the Silesian province.
One of the opportunities to learn about the offer of the Silesian University of Technology and the achievements of our University's scientists will be the Silesian Science Festival. At the International Congress Centre from December 9th to 11th you will be able to visit the stands of the Student Science Clubs of the Silesian University of Technology, talk to scientists and hear about the latest scientific research.
A great opportunity to talk to experts from the Silesian University of Technology will be the debate scheduled for December 10th at 11.00 am in conference room no. 9.
The following people will take part in the debate: prof. dr hab. Eng. Aleksander M. Nawrat; dr hab. Eng. Anna Timofiejczuk, prof. SUT, dr Eng. Jarosław Homa and dr Eng. Adrian Kapczyński. The discussion will be led by Katarzyna Siwczyk.
During the debate, participants will explain cybersecurity issues and tell us, among others:
· how to learn to recognize and respond to threats on the Internet,
· when we are actually dealing with cyberwar,
· who takes part in cyberwar (from individual users to strategic infrastructure units),
· how hacker attacks can paralyze the functioning of the state,
· how artificial intelligence affects hacker attacks,
· how the law protects us against cyberattacks and whether there are security strategies for the state and individual users in the field of cybersecurity.
The Silesian Science Festival will take place at the International Congress Centre in Katowice. Admission to this event is free. You only need to download a free entry ticket: