Ceremony of inter-university inauguration of the academic year 2023/2024
A joint inauguration of the academic year organized by Katowice state universities forming the Academic Consortium Katowice City of Science will take place for the second time.
The name of the ceremony: "Inter-university Inauguration of the Academic Year 2023/2024 - The Year of Science in the Silesian Voivodeship" refers to the announcement by the Silesian Voivodship Assembly of 2023 as the Year of Science in the Śląskie Voivodeship.
The ceremony will take place on September 29th, 2023 at 16.00 in the concert hall of the National Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra in Katowice. It will be preceded by a ceremonial march of the rector's processions through the streets of the city accompanied by folklore groups, and will be crowned with a concert.
- Ceremonial march of the rector's processions
- Start of the celebration
- Rectors' inaugural speeches
- Matriculation and oath of doctoral students
- Inaugural lecture by prof. dr hab. Tadeusz Sławek "Andante moderato". Academy melancholy
Artistic setting of the official part
- Choir of the University of Silesia "Harmonia",
- Academic Choir of the Silesian University of Technology,
- “Silent" Choir of the University of Silesia,
- Choir of the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice,
- Choir of the University of Economics in Katowice
Léon Boëllmann – Gothic Suite – performance by Władysław Szymański
Stanisław Moniuszko - Concert Overture "Fairy Tale"
Stanisław Moniuszko - Overture to the opera "Halka"
Stanisław Moniuszko - Mazurka from the opera "Halka"
Wojciech Kilar - Suite from the film "Pan Tadeusz"
Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra in Katowice
Conducted by Néstor Bayona
The registration form will be made available soon.
The inauguration is organized by the Academic Consortium - Katowice City of Science (Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music, Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice, Jerzy Kukuczka Academy of Physical Education, the University of Economics in Katowice, the Silesian University of Technology, the Medical University of Silesia, the University of Silesia in Katowice), the City of Katowice, the Silesian Voivodeship and the Upper Silesian and Zagłębie Metropolis.
Patronage and partners
Honorary patronage over the event was taken by:
- The Minister of Education and Science,
- The Minister of Culture and National Heritage,
- The Minister of Sport and Tourism,
- The Minister of Health.
The event partner is:
- Foundation for the Development of the Education System National Agency of the Erasmus+ Program and the European Solidarity Corps
The institutional partner is: