Agreement between the Silesian University of Technology and OBRUM
The Silesian University of Technology and OBRUM signed a cooperation agreement. Both entities will cooperate in developing innovative solutions for state security and defence.
The agreement was signed by the Rector of the Silesian University of Technology, prof. Arkadiusz Mężyk and Tomasz Kurczek – President of the Management Board of OBRUM. The parties agreed to support initiatives aimed at developing innovative solutions for state security and defence, and direct cooperation will be carried out in the fields of:
- exchange of information on research and development activities and the most important achievements
- implementation of joint research and development projects,
- using the laboratory infrastructure of the Silesian University of Technology and OBRUM to develop innovative solutions for state security and defence,
- developing expert opinions by the University on technologies used and implemented by OBRUM, organizing professional on-the-job trainings for OBRUM employees at the University,
- organization of internships and apprenticeships (on-the-job trainings) for students and doctoral students at OBRUM,
- cooperation and promotion of educational initiatives.
Thanks to the signed agreement, the Silesian University of Technology received the opportunity to participate in solving the real needs of the Polish Armed Forces and the Polish defence industry. The concluded agreement will allow for fuller use of the synergy effect of the scientific potential, research methods and research tools of the Silesian University of Technology for the security and defence of the state.