Silesian University of Technology
International Relations Office
Foreign Languages Centre
Silesian University of Technology International Staff Training Week
"Virtual Exchange as an Innovative Form of Distant Learning and Internationalisation in Higher Education"
October 21st-25th 2019, Gliwice, POLAND
Dear Partners and Colleagues,
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to the Silesian University of Technology International Staff Training Week, taking place in Gliwice, Poland, during October 21st-25th, 2019. We would like to provide a forum for university educators to learn and share about the key concepts of virtual exchange and competences required for working in international professional networks within higher education.
The programme will offer seminars, workshops, presentations and participatory panel discussions related to the following themes:
- Virtual Exchange and its role in the 21st Century Teacher Education.
- Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange programme.
- Programmes and organisations supporting new telecollaborators.
- Global classroom – virtual mobility from project to mainstream:
- How to get started with virtual mobility?
- How to find suitable partner universities?
- How to design tasks?
- Collaborative online learning - how to develop an effective collaboration online and how to use digital tools to give all students a voice?
- Follow up to the lecture above. Participants will work in small groups testing and reviewing simple tools for online collaboration. Please bring your laptops and/or tablets.
- Language competence as the indispensable tool for telecollaborative projects.
- Methods and didactics of language learning in the light of some exemplary international telecollaborative projects carried out at SUT.
- Webinars as means for creating group identity:
- How to organise and run engaging participatory webinars, offering interactive discussions, group work and online socializing?
- Open Networked Learning – an international open online teacher development course based on PBL (problem-based learning)
The week also includes possibilities to contact with staff from Silesian University of Technology, as well as to network with colleagues from our partner institutions.
Further the week offers a chance to discover SUT campus and to explore the region.
The maximum number of participants is 30. We look forward to having a great variety of nationalities and representation from various partners, something we will prioritize if the number of applications exceeds 30.
The participation is free of charge.
Travel and accomodation costs should be covered by participants.
Erasmus+ program can be used to cover the costs in some cases - please contact us to ask for such an option.
Registration is already closed
With kind regards,
Organising Committee of the SUT International Staff Training Week