PLEASE STAY IN YOUR ACCOMODATION
Do not leave your dormitories or flats with no important reason!
STAY INSIDE, STAY SAFE!
According to recent Polish government regulations everyone on the territory of Poland is supposed to stay at home and isolate themselves to prevent the spread of the COVID-19.
Financial penalties will be imposed on those who gather in public places. They have been increased from 5,000 to 30,000 PLN!
We do understand the complexity of the situation which affects the entire humanity throughout the globe. We all need to cooperate, stay reasonable and obey public regulations and restrictions in order to fight this virus and get back to normal again.
Take good care of yourselves and people around you.
Do not gather in groups and do not go outside unless it is unavoidable and you need to:
- go to work,
- go to a grocery shop or to a pharmacy (to get basic food products or medications),
- have an appointment with a doctor (call them first!)
- walk the dog.
- if you need to leave your accommodation, you should go alone or in 2 people maximum,
- social distancing needs to be preserved to the maximum,
- public means of transport are limited,
- social gatherings are strictly forbidden and will be fined.
Do not take this risk of being fined by local authorities or expelled from the university.
It doesn’t serve any purpose.
The purpose is to stick together, fight this threat together and stay safe!
Please follow the Resolution No 65/2020 of the Rector of the Silesian University of Technology of 25 March 2020 and the announcements published on the SUT website in the following tabs: For employees, For students and doctoral students, Changes in the functioning of the University.
For more information in English, follow SUT Polish website for bilingual announcements and also the announcements on University Facebook accounts, such as: Silesian University of Technology and International Mobility Office.
Pursuant to Resolution No 65/2020 of the Rector of the Silesian University of Technology of 25 March 2020, specific preventive measures are introduced in relation to the growing threat of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Until 30 April with an option of extension for the period of the epidemic, traditional education at the Silesian University of Technology (first and second cycle, doctoral, postgraduate and other forms of education) is replaced by conducting classes using distance learning methods and techniques, regardless of the fact whether this was included in a given study programme.
ATTENTION! From 26 March to 30 April, the employees’ duty to work on the premises of the University has been significantly limited.
Until 30 April 2020, with an option of extension, the following shall apply:
- it is forbidden to organise open events (such as: conferences, symposia, lectures, including Junior and Senior of the SUT classes, artistic performances and other meetings of this type organised by the Silesian University of Technology as well as by external entities),
- a ban on international and domestic business trips by the University employees, doctoral students, students and post-graduate students,
- a ban on receiving international visitors at the Silesian University of Technology within the frame of business exchange,
- a suspension of the operation of the "TAFLA" ice rink, the Tennis Hall as well as Kropka Kid’s Club.
For more information you may follow the link: