FACULTY OF ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
The Faculty employs 47 professors and associate professors and 105 PhDs. The research work carried out at the Faculty covers the following fields: air, water and soil protection, environmental management, heat engineering in the building industry and municipal management, protection against environmental contamination, identification and spread of contaminants, application of membrane techniques in wastewater and water treatment, use of microbiological processes in environmental protection and engineering, optimization of installations and facilities in water supply stations and wastewater treatment plants, operation and diagnostics of power machinery and facilities, investigation of complex processes of heat flow, use of renewable sources of energy; gas, heat and nuclear power engineering, heat engineering and industrial air-conditioning, construction and operation of combustion engines, design of machinery and facilities for waste utilization, design of machinery and facilities for chemical processes.
The staff of the Faculty are members and sit on the boards of numerous European scientific organizations, such as European Research Community on Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, European Membrane Society, European Biotechnology Federation.
In recent years, three units of the Faculty have been awarded with the title of the Centre of Excellence: DEMETER, ENER-INDOOR, OPTI-ENERGY.
- Department of Heating, Ventilation and Dust Removal Technology
- Department of Air Protection
- Department of Technologies and Installations for Waste Management
- Institute of Water and Wastewater Engineering
- Institute of Power Engineering and Turbomachinery
- Institute of Thermal Technology
- Department of Environmental Biotechnology
- Division of Research and Diagnostics of Internal Combustion Engines
FIELDS OF STUDY:
Mechanics and Machine Design
- Power Engineering (in Polish and English)
- Faculty of Energy and Enviornmental Engineering
- Konarskiego 18
- 44-100 Gliwice
- Tel.: +48 32 2371770
- Dean: Professor Andrzej Szlęk PhD, DSc
- Find more information here