Silesian University of Technology is a key player in the field of new technologies and innovations. It is here that new ideas and solutions are being brought into life and, when applied to the industry, they boost competitiveness of polish companies.
SUT is one of the founders of the Science and Technology Park ‘Technopark Gliwice’, whose main objective is the creation and promotion of innovative and advanced technology companies, as well as the transfer of innovative technologies from the University and R+D units to small and medium-sized enterprises.
In the last four years, Silesian University of Technology spent almost 270 m PLN on investments. This money allowed SUT to establish 27 enterprises, such as the New Technologies Centre, created for didactic and scientific purposes, and many others providing new equipment for laboratories and modern lecture halls.
The University also developed special unit focused on innovation and transfer to the industry: Innovation and Technology Transfer Centre CITT.
The main objective of the CITT is to combine science and business. The Centre team is confident that both parties are able to communicate well and work together for mutual benefit. The transfer of technology is a complex and laborious process, but it also brings a lot of benefits for the partners involved. In addition to supporting processes and the transfer of technology and knowledge, CITT also conducts the following activities:
- Promotion of the technological and research offer of the Silesian University of Technology;
- Support the academic enterprise and the creation of innovative companies;
- Advice on protection of industrial property, patents and copyrights for employees of Silesian University of Technology;
- Providing pro-innovation consultancy services (including training, technology audit, expertise, opinions);
- Advice on funding opportunities for innovative projects;
- Providing information and promotion in the field of innovation, networks, acquisition of technology and intellectual property rights.