Silesian University of Technology logo Silesian University of Technology Silesian University of Technology
English
search:
Go Search

Faculty of Mechanical Engineering - History

 

The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering was one of the first faculties that appeared at the Silesian University of Technology when it was established in 1945. The University consisted of four faculties: the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, the Faculty of Metallurgy and the Faculty of Civil Engineering.

The first Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering was Professor Zygmunt Ciechanowski.

Syllabuses and curricula of studies were based on the patterns taken from the Lvov University of Technology. The staff in 1945 consisted of professors from Lvov who were forced to emigrate. Numerous assistants and students who entered the Silesian University of Technology also transferred from the Lvov University of Technology. Later on, many of them became professors of the Silesian University of Technology.

Until 1948, the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering educated engineers at the uniform 4-year-studies. Due to a huge demand in the fields of industry and science, the Senate of the Silesian University of Technology decided to introduce a system of two-level-studies: 3-year Bachelor and 2-year Master studies. This system was introduced in the academic year 1955/56.

Admission 2017/2018
Perspektywy Ranking
European projects
ELSEVIER Awards Poland
HR Excellence in Research
 
Admin © Silesian University of Technology