Awards and rankings
5th place in the "Perspektywy" Ranking of Technical Universities in Poland
Recently, Silesian University of Technology ranked 5th among Polish Technical Universities, in the newest "Perspektywy" 2017 Ranking, the most prestigeous ranking in Poland. This year, for the first time it focused on universities that bestow titles of engineer and master of science in engineering.
4th place in the „Perspektywy” Ranking of Engineering Studies 2017
In the recent “Perspektywy” Ranking of Engineering Studies 2017, the Silesian University of Technology succeeded by achieving the 4th place among the universities in Poland, offering study programmes in the field of engineering.
The "Perspektywy" ranking is the most prestigious ranking in Poland. In 2017, for the first time it focused on universities that bestow titles of engineer and master of science in engineering. 21 most popular technical disciplines were evaluated, while the ranking presents 311 programes of studies conducted at 288 faculties in 26 Polish academic institutions.
The Silesian University of Technology achieved 4th place among the universities, who took 1st places in particular disciplines. Specific programs achieved the following results in their respective categories:
The results were published in “Dziennik Gazeta Prawna” (opinion-forming Polish journal), which also stated, that among the alumni of the Silesian University of Technology over 87% did not have any problem with finding a job.
More information at the Perspektywy website.
- HR Excellence in Research
In 2016, the Silesian University of Technology has successfully gained the European Commission HR Excellence in Research logo. The award acknowledges University's alignment with vigorous and transparent implementation strategy for improving the career development of researchers.
The ‘HR Strategy for Researchers’ supports research institutions and funding organizations during the process of adaptation of the Charter & Code to their policies and practices. The concrete implementation of the Charter & Code by research institutions renders them more attractive to researchers looking for a new employer or for a host for their research project. Funding organizations adapting the principles of the Charter & Code contribute to the attractiveness of their national research systems and the European Research Area in general. The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, attained after a thorough analysis of an institution carrying out HR policies, identifies the institutions and organizations as providers and supporters of a stimulating and favorable working environment for researchers.
- ELSEVIER Research Impact Leaders 2016 Award
The Silesian University of Technology received the ELSEVIER Research Impact Leaders 2016 Award in the Engineering and Technology category as one of the higher education institutions, whose publications had the greatest impact on the perception of Polish science in the world.
The ELSEVIER Research Impact Leaders Award for the first time is a part of the Elsevier global initiative to support research and development of science in many disciplines. The aim of the project is to improve the perception of scientific achievements of Polish universities in the world, defined by the continuous increase in the number of publications in the most prestigious scientific journals and the participation of foreign contributors, as well as the citations in a given discipline. Actions taken within the framework of the initiative include working with leading academic institutions seeking to increase their chances of receiving grants, ensuring global recognition and increasing internationalization.
- In terms of educating top managers, the University ranked 4th in the national ranking of universities (ranking of the Rzeczpospolita, December 2016).
- It ranked 7th among the best technical universities in Poland (ranking of the Perspektywy magazine, 2016).
- It ranked 4th in the TOP10 ranking of the most Ph.D.-friendly domestic universities, issued by the National Representation of Ph.D. Students (November 2016).
- It ranked 4th among universities whose graduates are most sought-after by employers (ranking of higher education institutions by the Wprost magazine, 2015).
- Graduates of the Silesian University of Technology have the highest salaries among the graduates of all higher education institutions of the Silesian Voivodeship (Nationwide Remuneration Survey, Sedlak&Sedlak, 2015).
- The university ranked 4th among universities whose graduates earn the most in the first year after graduation (Nationwide Remuneration Survey, Sedlak&Sedlak, 2015).